Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pity Party


Hmm. Where to begin? I am feeling a little down today. We are going into cycle 9 of this process. Naively enough I really thought I would get pregnant within the first few months. Now with the knowledge of low progesterone (P4 levels were 2 at 7dpo) I am weighing my options.

I don’t know if I want to keep trying at home the next few months. I am really considering seeing an RE, but the cost is a worry. Lauren is in the beginning stages of looking for a nursing job and money is tight. My insurance does not cover most infertility related expenses which sucks. I was hoping Lauren would find a good job with fertility coverage but I cannot depend on that. I am contemplating an Egg Donor Program. This is where I would donate half of my eggs at retrieval and they would go to a couple that needs them. In return my IVF would be paid for or largely discounted.

My sperm donors have both told me they would do whatever it takes such as donating at a clinic or doctor’s office. That is a big help because donor sperm, if we had to pay for it, would run us $300 to $500 per cycle. 

I know I need to lose weight too and I am working on it. I have changed most of my eating habits and will be starting yoga. As I mentioned in my last post, I have started acupuncture twice a week. We will see what that does. I do enjoy it because it gives me a chance to relax.

I really wish I wouldn't get so depressed and negative about things. I know there are so many people who have tried to get pregnant for years and have no children. I think I need to focus on what I do have and not what I don have. 

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Who knows maybe the progesterone you're on will take affect next cycle and you'll get pregnant :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard when you want something so badly to have it just out of reach. Hugs girl : o )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate having a pity party. I am not usually like this. Must be my old age! LOL

    ReplyDelete