Friday, January 18, 2013

Here's J! (in my best Ed McMahon voice)


Ah, my 5 yr old son J. Where do I begin?

I guess with the beginning! J was a very planned baby. Lauren & I conceived him through at home insemination with a known fresh donor. This simply means a male friend of ours entered a contract with us signing away all of his rights to any child created from our insems. He would basically do his thing in a cup; we would then bring it home and insem Lauren with it via a needless syringe and catheter.  J was conceived on the first try with this donor.  I am using the same donor. I am hoping we get pregnant again with him. It would be nice for our children to biologically share a sibling.

J is a character. He is funny, bright and loving. He would rather be home with us then anywhere else.  Sometimes this causes an issue because he does not like to stay the night anywhere or be babysat. Lauren is ok with this but I would like a little adult time once in awhile which is basically non-existent at this point. He also is not a big fan of school. Don’t get me wrong he does very well and even likes homework (that wont last long), but he doesn’t like being away from home. I think this has a lot to do with Lauren being with him all day his entire life. He only went to pre-school for a short time and it was only twice a week. He is getting better though and will even stay at my mother-in-law’s occasionally without too much fuss.

J loves dinosaurs! I swear this boy has every dinosaur book and toy made. This started at age 2 and has increased.  Its so cute when he can tell you what a carnivore and herbivore both are.  

With J being the only boy in the house and the youngest he is treated like a king. I often wonder how he will adjust when we have another baby. I think it will take some getting used to but he will be fine.

J loves to dance and we must have a million videos of him doing so.  I will try to post one soon. For now here is a recent picture of him. He is a BIG boy and is built like a linebacker. We tried to get him to play football but he is just a gentle giant and did not like it too much. I think we will get him into karate or soccer to get him more socialized.



I will work on a post about Lauren but work is calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment