Saturday, January 19, 2013

Blah

My sister-in-law just announced she is pregnant (not planned). I am happy for her because I adore her but it has put me in a bad funk. Then I feel guilty about those feelings.

I really wish I could just be happy for her and bask in the glory of my new Auntie status but I can't. Instead I sit here and have a pity party and fight the green eyed monster. I cried like a baby!

It's so hard for me to think I will ever get pregnant.

I'm not sure if anyone TTC really reads this, but if so, how do you handle news of friends and family getting pregnant? Does it bother you? Do you also get into a funk?

Wine sounds good...

3 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how hard this would be. It will happen when it's suppose to happen...and I really believe it will happen again for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't necessarily gets angry... But when I hear friends or family are expecting I don't feel jealously and sadness. I never let off that I feel that way and always appear happy for them. But it's hard. You just have to try and stay positive and realize good things come to those who wait. One day you will be making that same announcement :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,

    I completely understand these feelings. When we had so much trouble conceiving, I was actually counting the number of pregnancy announcements I was hearing. By the time I got pregnant, we were at #30. Before we got pregnant in October, I told Anthony I was going to delete my FB account during the holidays because I wouldn't be able to handle seeing pictures of everyone's kids during that time. I was starting to believe I would never have a child to dress up for Halloweeen or a child to get excited over the thought of Santa. As happy as I was for EVERYONE, it was just a constant reminder of what was missing in our life. Then, we got our awesome news. Do not feel guilty about your feelings ever. You are only human and are entitled. This journey is not easy by any stretch.

    ReplyDelete